SAP is a huge ERP software and in order to implement SAP ERP for an Organization, it needs a lot of manpower. Here, I present to you a great collection of quality SAP interview questions for various categories that can help both recruiters and candidates in the interview process. Here we go...
SAP MM Interview Questions:
- What is SAP MM?
- What are the sub modules of SAP MM?
- Describe procurement process?
- What is the difference between CBP & MRP?
- Explain steps in procurement life cycle?
- A purchase requisition is an internal document or external document?
- How can you create a purchase order from purchase requisition?
- Explain about meta data, transaction data and master data
SAP ABAP Interview Questions:
- You can use either a work area or a field symbol to access the individual lines in a table you want to read. What are the steps to define it and what are the necessary attributes?
- The SELECT SINGLE * statement allows you to read a single record from a database table. What will you need to define to ensure that the entry you read is unique?
- The system searches the field for the searchstring. What are the forms a search string can have?
- An Idoc is a line oriented block of information’s which contains at least 2 different sets of records. A SAP –System can receive Idocs and also send Idoc’s to an external System – or another SAP-System. What are the important steps for an idoc processing configuration?
- What is an UPDATE function module? Are there any other types of Function Modules?
- To sort an internal table you can use SORT statement. How the table will be sort if you do not specify it. Are there any types of fields or data that will be ignored in sorting?
SAP Basis Interview Questions
- When you define operation modes, you need to maintain instance definition. List the steps to change the definition.
- What is the purpose of SAP Early watch client? What is specific about its configuration?
- Can printing be restricted through authorizations? How this can be configured?
- How a table should be configured, so to be able to maintain entries in the quality and productive environments?
- You want to deploy SAPGUI along with a default list of SAPLogon sessions. Which scenarios should be followed?
- What are the classes into which background jobs can be divided? What are their features?
SAP BI Interview Questions
- Is it recommendable to use more than one non-cumulative InfoCube (InfoCube with at least one non-cumulative keyfigure) and how can be incorporated to deliver correct query results?
- With Inner join a record can only be in the selected result set if there are entries in both joined tables. What other joiner types exist and what their main characteristics?
- The end-user wants to navigate / drill-down to these second-order navigational attributes in BI queries based on the InfoProvider. What navigation attributes can be used?
- If duplicate data is loaded in Cubes, how would it be eliminated?
- How can we predict that which InfoObjects needs to go into a specific analysis authorization?
SAP BW Interview Questions
- Executing planning functions causes data of the planning package to be changed, generated again or deleted. When testing a newly created function and the corresponding parameter groups, data changes may occur unintentionally. Which are the options to undo unintentional changes if necessary?
- In a Web template how can we define a header or footer section with the corporate logo and heading and how can we integrate this into the Web applications?
- In case a field is requested that is not yet available in the underlying infoset, you have to first adjust the infoset. How would you adjust the datafeeds running on Standard Queries?
- A DSO (DataStore Object) is known as the storage place to keep cleansed and consolidated transaction or master data at the lowest granularity level and this data can be analyzed using the BEx query. What are the DSO types and how standard DSO are configured?
- Describe the main features of aMultiProvider as an InfoProvider combining data from multiple InfoProviders? 6. How can a start of the process chain can be configured using a metachain?
- How can a start of the process chain can be configured using a metachain?
SAP FICO Interview Questions
- In the G/L Account, you can delete a G/L account by clicking the Delete button. How can you restrict a G/L account for not getting it deleted?
- You have defined a credit control area according to the areas of responsibility for credit monitoring. How will you define a Credit Control area for a customer?
- Customer master data is created centrally with transaction FD01. What are the required customer attributes that need to be entered?
- Payment terms are created in the configuration and we determine the payment due date for vendor/customer invoice. Where are they stored?
- In Accounts Receivable, what is the difference between the 'Residual Payment' and 'Part Payment' methods of allocating cash?
SAP CRM Interview Questions
- The SAP ECC and CRM are closely integrated with each other and they have to be synchronized in some configurational areas like Sales, Customer master records, Organizational model, etc. What are the steps to prevent double configuration maintenance?
- What are the types of sales channels and what are the key sales functions that are performed in SAP CRM?
- How can a product be validated if it is available to be added in a Sales order?
- Which are the factors used to determine pricing? What are implementation scenarios for pricing?
- Campaign Templates are used to create templates in CRM. What are the configuration steps to create a custom Campaign Templates and what are the prerequisite requirements?
- With product search (business role SALESPRO → Products), if the search is done with no search criteria, what is intended to be carried out as per the standard design?
SAP Hybris Interview Questions
- Suppose you need to create your own store (website). What are the required steps?
- What is the prerequisite configuration to run multiple Hybris instance in one machine?
- We need to follow an order in items.xml, when we declare item types in items.xml. Why is this required?
- Which two entities, store, and site-Hybris had created? Are they related? What is the difference between them?
- Hybris is built over the concepts of extensions. Each extension has its own data model. Any extension can use an item type from other estio extension and extend it as per requirement. Can you give an example?
SAP Fiori Interview Questions
- What is the purpose of Catalogs and Tiles in Launchpad and how they are created?
- The OData service life cycle includes a span of an OData service. Which are the key steps to be considered in an OData Service Life Cycle?
- Which is the database where Transactional Apps can be deployed? Will this allow a user to run simple SAP transactions on any kind of device?
- Virtual Data Models provide a way to process massive quality of data in HANA database. A UI rich client can consume these views without the use of any additional software. What are the existing view types?
- What is required for application users that are created on Front-end server to access Back end system?
- Describe the steps that are required to configure SAP Fiori Analytical Apps.
SAP C4C Interview Questions
- SAP C4C is used by end-users. This is considered as light version and provides fast and easy access to different work centers suitable for the end-users in the C4C environment. What are the business user features and functions available in HTML 5?
- When you open SAP Cloud for Customer in Silverlight mode, you can access multiple work centers to perform various administrative and configuration tasks. To what the Business Analytics work center is responsible?
- As a part of SAP C4C, there are various activities, which you need to perform under project implementation. One of the key activities is Data Migration and Integration. What are the main steps for successful completion?
- SAP C4C accesses OM whenever business processes require information related to the company’s organization. What are the prerequisites to set up a correct organization structure?
- In SAP Cloud for Customer, what is the functionality defining the time when a ticket for a customer must be responded and completed? What is the prerequisite configuration to create it?
- In SAP C4C, you can also integrate your cloud solution with your email using Add In. How the integration with Lotus Notes email client should be done?
SAP PM Interview Questions
- A functional location represents the place at which a maintenance task is to be performed. What are the required steps to create a new functional location?
- You are trying to add a new language to a piece of equipment but it is not allowed. What should be the reason and how this can be resolved?
- The refurbishment is defined as the process of repairing spare parts and returning the spare parts to the warehouse or to the equipment. List the key steps in the Refurbishment process.
- Cross Application Time Sheet (CATS) component is a tool used for recording time and tasks in Plant Maintenance. Employees can record their own data and hence ease the administrative workload. What is the prerequisite configuration from other SAP modules for successful CATS implementation?
- Maintenance strategies are optional in Maintenance plans like multiple counter plans. Describe the maintenance steps.
- Using project-based maintenance, you can improve your existing functions in inspection, maintenance, and repair. What are the application components used to effectively control and execute maintenance task lists?
SAP HANA Interview Questions
- SAP HANA Modeler Views can only be created on the top of Column based tables. What are the functional differences between row and column store?
- Calculation Views are used to consume other Analytic, Attribute and other Calculation views and base column tables. How a calculation view can be created? What are their types?
- Information Composer allows us to upload a large amount of data. Describe how data loading can be performed and what are the system requirements?
- What are the different folders when you add a HANA system to Studio? Describe their usage?
- How can we create an OLAP connection in CMC?
SAP UI5 Interview Questions
- Can you directly use a UI component in a page using placeAt method? Are there other ways to use a UI component?
- Now, to present your application or run it in production, you can deploy your SAPUI5 application on the tomcat server. What tools can be used to export the project?
- XML model of data binding allows you to bind the controls to XML data. Does it have any restrictions?
- When do we use Multi-Flow design pattern? How does its features differ from others?
- What should be controlled for the better user experience of SAP UI5 applications when running on different mobile devices?
SAP Warehouse Management Interview Questions
- The storage unit is a container in which a material stored or transported. What is the difference with handling unit?
- A posting change generally refers to a bookkeeping change – a change in information – about a particular material. For what reasons Posting changes are made?
- List the documents which get created during GR entry in WM Process? 4. Describe the picking defined for
- Describe the picking defined for XYZ Client for different storage types. How does it differ from putting away strategy?
- What do you have to customize in the system if need to separate a stock received on a specific project from the unrestricted stock of the same material?
- Describe the customizing steps to make each mobile data entry user be able to see the transactions relevant to his job.
SAP SuccessFactors Interview Questions
- Describe the activities to set up People Profile so all of the necessary portlets and sections appear on the people profile page.
- When we create a new Benefit type, in Enrollment Details you can define Enrollment Required and Enrollment Type. Where are they used?
- Describe the configuration steps to create a workflow in case an employee claim for a benefit. How approvers can be defined?
- Go to Admin Center, and on the search tool on the upper right-hand screen, enter Manage Data. What you can configure here?
- Hiring process involves kick off onboarding process in SuccessFactors for all hires and complete new hire steps. What are other key features of SF Onboarding?
- Where in SuccessFactors, you can validate and update existing performance management template? What are the steps to be executed?
SAP PowerBuilder Interview Questions
- Describe the steps for adding Business Logic to the WCF Web Service Project in PowerBuilder. Are there any prerequisites?
- Encapsulation allows you to insulate your object’s data, restricting access by declaring instance variables as private or protected. You then write object functions to provide selective access to the instance variables. What should be the approach to encapsulate the process and data?
- In a PowerBuilder database connection, a Transaction object is a special nonvisual object that functions as the communications area between a PowerBuilder application and the database. Can you describe how they are used in PowerBuilder applications?
- How can we set up and define database connections accessed through one of the native database interfaces?
- Can you describe some of the options or customizations that can be made for PowerBuilder IDE? What changes can be made in options and customizations and for what reason?