Cloud computing is a booming industry that offers on-demand services to organizations. Businesses can use cloud computing to receive services such as data management, application development, server hosting, virtual machines (VMs), and much more.
There are numerous platforms that offer cloud services. Google Cloud is one of the vendors, allowing businesses to assist their consumers without depleting resources.
What is Google Cloud?
Google Cloud is a collection of cloud services that run on the same infrastructure as Google's end-user products such as Google Search and YouTube. The cloud service itself can assist organizations in the development, deployment, and scaling of applications and websites, as well as a variety of other services. Google Cloud services include Google Meet, Google Cloud Platform, and G Suite. Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a cloud computing platform that specializes in developer tools, APIs, data analytics, and machine learning. These are examples of software as a service (SaaS), in which software is accessed via the browser rather than through installation. Similarly, Google Cloud provides infrastructure as a service (IaaS) as well as platform as a service (PaaS).
Image Source: Statista
As of Q4 2021, the Google Cloud market share is 9% worldwide. That puts it in 3rd place, behind AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Microsoft’s cloud service Azure. Still, GCP is one of the largest cloud companies in the world.
Google Cloud's market share has ranged between 5 and 9.5 percent over the years, with no consistent increasing or declining trend. According to Canalys, AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud jointly climbed 45 percent in Q4 2021, accounting for a combined 64 percent share of client spend.
Why use Google Cloud?
- Fast implementation and flexibility – with Partner's assistance, you may select a migration approach that is adapted to your organization.
- Advanced security system – Google security specialists and multi-layered security infrastructure will keep your data safe.
- Combine cloud infrastructure with your own (hybrid cloud) – You can use your existing IT infrastructure in conjunction with Google's.
- Access to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools – Using them, you can establish current services and products while constantly improving your solutions.
- Quick Collaborations - The projects can be accessed and edited by multiple individuals at the same time.
Companies that use Google Cloud
According to stackshare.io, more than 8000+ companies reportedly use Google Cloud in the tech stacks which includes Snapchat, FedEx, PayPal, Cred, Nintendo, and many more.
Skills or Proficiency a Cloud expert should possess
- Platform Expertise - Understanding how cloud platforms work is an essential ability for cloud computing professionals.
- Maintaining Databases - Cloud computing experts must understand which databases and services are best suited to a certain business need before attempting to overcome issues like storage restrictions, security, and database performance.
- Managing the network - Network administration is an essential skill for cloud engineers because numerous cloud services communicate with one another.
How iMocha can help you find skill fit GCP professionals
iMocha offers various skills assessments across different Google Cloud Services that include computing services,
Database and Storage Services, Networking, and Specialized DevOps.
- Compute Services
These virtual machines, base infrastructure, and specialized GPUs enable you to construct apps on scalable servers, such as Google App, the most popular Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Database and Storage Services
Large amounts of data and tables can be stored in Google's backend. Files can be stored, archived, migrated, and shared with others.
- Networking DNS, CDNs, domains, network connectivity, Virtual Private cloud, cloud firewalls, and other networking services are managed here.
- Specialized DevOps
Assists businesses in achieving faster delivery, increased efficiency, and uncompromising quality in an ever-changing IT business environment.
Furthermore, the questions and the skills, as well as the question banks, are regularly updated to keep up with industry standards.
We ensure that the customer always receives the most recent and updated questions and skills in the library. In addition, iMocha offers consulting services to understand the requirement and create custom skills and questions that are specific to the requirement. To know more about how iMocha can help you find skills-fit GCP candidates, visit our GCP playbook here.
To assess a candidate's or learner's technical skills and understanding, iMocha offers the following products:
- Multiple Choice Questions A multiple-choice question (MCQ) is made up of two parts: the question or problem, and a set of alternatives or answers that include a key, which is the best answer to the question, and several distractors, which are convincing but incorrect answers to the question.
LogicBox (a patented offering of iMocha) is an artificial intelligence-based pseudo coding platform designed to assess programmers’ logical and problem-solving skills.
- Coding Questions
iMocha has a wide range of question types to test the candidate's skills with many parameters. While screening for a developer role, you can test the coding skills of the candidate.
- Code Replay
With Code Replay, you can watch the video of code written by the candidate, view the compilation details, test case result, and memory usage. Each video timeline is plotted with hotspots which appear each time the candidate compiles a code. This will help differentiate good programmers from average programmers.
- Live Coding Interview
Live Coding Interview provides a hassle-free and seamless platform to conduct coding interviews by assessing the programming skills on the go in a real coding environment. It allows the interviewers to remotely recreate a coding interview environment that can help assess the programming skills in real-time.