Looking for ASP.NET MVC interview questions? Here is the list of most important questions that can be asked in interviews. Make yourself ready with this comprehensive list of interview questions.
ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
1. You need to implement the business requirements for managing customer data. What are all possible things you will do?
2. How can we use two (multiple) models with a single view?
3. What is CSRF attack and how can we prevent the same in MVC?
4. Explain the methods used to render the views in ASP.Net MVC
5. How to use Jquery Plugins in MVC validation?
6. Can we add constraints to the route? If yes, explain how we can do it?
7. What is the use of web API? Why Web API needed, if you have already RESTful services using WCF?
8. You are developing as ASP.NET MVC application. You need to authenticate clients by using NT LAN Manager. Which authentication method you will implement?
9. Which validation provider is installed by default in ASP.NET MVC 3 framework, which provides client validation support for the built-in numeric data types such as int, decimal, and float etc?
10. You have created a Microsoft ASP.NET application by using the Microsoft .NET framework version 3.5. You plan to monitor the execution of the application at daily intervals. You need to modify the application configuration to enable WebEvent monitoring. What will you do?
11. How can you create a Scaffold template in MVC?
12. Could you explain the difference between similar frameworks A and B? (good example: ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms)
13. Can you remove default View Engine in ASP.NET MVC? How?
14. You create a Microsoft ASP.NET application by using the Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5. You write the following code fragment.
<asp:ListBox SelectionMode=”Multiple” ID=”ListBox1” runat=”server”> </asp:ListBox>
<asp:ListBox ID=”ListBox1” runat=”server”> </asp:ListBox>
<asp:Button ID= “Button1” runat=”server” Text = “Button” onclick=”Button1_Click”/>
You need to ensure that when you click the Button1 control, a selected list of items moves from the ListBox1 control to the ListBox2 control. What will you do?
15. What are different ways of rendering layout in ASP.NET MVC?
16. How to apply Server side validation is ASP.NET MVC?
17. Can we use Bundling and Minification in ASP.NET MVC3 or ASP.NET 4.0?
18. You are modifying as ASP.NET MVC web application for a client. The client requires that the application must be viewable on Android devices in a UI format native to the device. What will you do?
19. You create a Microsoft ASP.NET application by using the Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5. All the content pages in the application use a single master. The master page uses a static navigation menu to browse the site. You need to ensure that the content pages can optionally replace the static navigation menu with their own menu controls. What will you do?
Apart from these technical questions, ask these following general questions to find out more about candidates ASP.NET MVC skills
20. What was the most interesting project you have participated in? Can you describe it and tell why you consider it to be so interesting?
21. Do you like to participate in the analysis, design and deployment phases of IT project or do you prefer to concentrate on the pure development of well-described task? Why?
22. I have noticed you listed Skill X on your CV. What’s your opinion about it?
23. Do you remember any programming project decision you made that was a failure? Why do you think it was a mistake? Why did it happen? What did you learn from this experience?
Use this list of ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions for interview preparation. Read them, bookmark them, and even add your own interview questions in the comments below.